With Precisely, you have unlimited and secure storage for all of your contracts.
All contracts created in and/or electronically signed with Precisely are automatically stored in your digital archive.
While legacy agreements, as well as other agreements, that you sign physically are easily imported. To import contracts, simply:
- Click Archive in the top menu,
- Click the green New button on the top left,
- Click Import document and choose the file(s) you wish to import from your computer.
Vóila! Your contracts are now stored in your secure Precisely archive.
Creating a folder
Folders are used to organize e.g. multiple contracts of the same type or contracts belonging to a certain project. To create folders, simply:
- Click Archive in the top menu,
- Click the green New button on the top left and choose New folder,
- Name your folder, e.g. "Employee agreements" or "Secrecy agreements", and click the blue Create button.
To create sub-folders, repeat these steps when you’re in the main folder.
To move a contract to a folder,
- Drag the contract do the desired folder, or
- Click the Options button (the three dots) on the right-hand side of the contract you wish to move and choose Move to. Select the folder that you want to move your contract to and click the blue Save button.
Adding metadata to a contract
Metadata is information about your contracts that can also be used to filter and locate them. Contracts created through automated templates in Precisely may already include some metadata points but you can add or remove data points to contracts as well. To edit a contract’s metadata, simply:
- In your archive, choose the contract which metadata points you wish to edit,
- Click the blue Add (or Edit, if the contract already has metadata points) button under the metadata section,
- Fill out relevant metadata points and click the blue Save button.
You can also set metadata points for template documents, causing all drafts generated from that template to include that metadata. See this article if you want to learn more about metadata tags.
You can also create fully customizable reminders from the same view as metadata. Set up reminders for any event in the contract lifecycle and receive alerts via email. The reminders will also appear in your dashboard. Always know when to renegotiate, renew or terminate the contract in time.
Finding your contracts
You can use the search and advanced filter functions to locate a contract in your archive:
- Click Archive in the top menu.
- Contracts created through the platform as well as imported .doc and .docx documents are fully searchable. Simply enter your search term in the search box. Some plans also include OCR, making all imported .pdf documents fully searchable.
- You can also use the extensive range of filters to locate contracts. Click the Add a filter drop-down menu, select a filter and set the conditions.
- It's also possible to combine both steps above. For instance, by filtering for a Contract category and searching for Exclusivity.
You can also save frequently used filter combinations as segments for quick access.
Using metadata columns
You can add additional columns based on metadata to your archive view to see additional information about your contracts. To add columns in the Archive, simply
- Click the Columns button on the right side above the default columns,
- Check one or more metadata options to display that column (and information about your contracts) in the archive.
Note: The additional information of the column will only be shown if the contract has been tagged with that metadata. Don’t forget to add metadata tags to your contracts and templates.
Changing the access policy of a contract or template
Access policies are used to limit access to specific contracts, templates or folders. There are three levels of user access; Only me, Everyone and Invite only. Setting an access policy to Invite only means that only the teams of your choosing can access that item.
To change the access policy of a contract or template, simply:
- Click Archive or Templates in the top menu,
- Click the contract or template that you wish to change the access policy of,
- Click Change access policy on the lefthand side and select who gets to access the specific contract or template. Then click the blue Save button.
Note: If you select Invite only as access policy, you will be asked to select what teams can access the specific contract or template before clicking the blue Save button.
Changing the access policy of a folder
- In the archive, click the Options button (the three dots) on the right-hand side of the folder that you wish to change the access policy of,
- Click Access policy and select who gets to access the folder. Then click the blue Save button.
Note: If you select Invite only as access policy, you will be asked to select what teams can access the folder before clicking the blue Save button.