To facilitate collaboration and negotiation, Precisely offers contract versioning for your project documents. There are two different statuses for project documents:
How do draft versions work?
Draft versions allow you to polish project documents to perfection before publishing them and sending them for review.
Creating a new draft version is done by
- Duplicating an existing draft document using the Duplicate button,
- Importing a document using the Import button,
- or by editing your answers (more information below)
Once a draft version has been reviewed by an admin or manager of your organization, they are able to publish it.
Creating draft versions by editing answers
If you want to create a new draft version but duplicating or importing a document is not suitable, or simply need to update answers in the self-service drafting, you are able to re-draft and edit your answers in a project.
To edit the answers in the self-service drafting process, simply
- Click Draft & sign in the top menu and click the project that you wish to edit the answers of,
- Click the Edit answers button in the Questionnaire answers section of the project’s overview,
- Proceed through the self-service drafting process and edit the answers as necessary.
By editing the answers, a new draft version is created, which has to be published by an admin or manager of your organization.
Editing your answers always uses the latest versions of your documents, regardless of if they are drafts or published versions. Depending on your answers, the project’s reference-based metadata tags may be updated.
How do published versions work?
Once you are satisfied with the draft version, an admin or manager of your organization is able to publish it to the project.
To request document publishing, simply
- Click Draft & sign in the top menu and click the project which contains the documents you want to request publication of,
- Click the Request to publish button on the right-hand side of the draft version’s name and choose a manager or an admin to send the request to.
To publish a draft version, simply
- Click Draft & sign in the top menu and click the project which contains the documents you want to publish,
- Click the Publish button on the right-hand side of the draft version’s name in the Documents section of the project’s overview.
Whenever a document version is published, all added reviewers will be invited to review the document. This includes both internal and external reviewers.
If you have external reviewers, they are able to suggest changes by commenting. They are also able to download the document to edit it in their local environment, as well as upload their suggested version. If an external reviewer uploads a version, it is added as a new draft version and marked as externally uploaded in the project’s overview.
Note: When sending a project for signing, only the published version(s) will be included.
Comparing document versions (BETA)
To make it easy to see what changed between document versions, you are able to compare versions using the compare mode.
When using the compare mode, content that was added is characterized by green text, while content that was removed is characterized by red strikethrough text.
To compare documents, simply
- Click Draft & sign in the top menu and click the project containing the document versions you want to compare,
- Click the Compare button on the right-hand side of one of the document versions, and
- Choose which versions you want to compare in the document’s top menu.
Note: Compare mode is unavailable to users with the user role Viewer.