Collaborating on contracts is a lot easier if you are able to suggest changes in a visual way. Because of this, Precisely’s editor comes with a suggest mode for redlining project and template documents.
Redlining using suggest mode
To collaborate by redlining a project or template document, simply:
- Click Draft & sign or Templates in the top menu depending on which item you want to redline and click the draft or template,
- Open the document in the editor by clicking the Edit button on the right-hand side of the document,
- If not already selected, switch to suggest mode using the Edit/suggest mode dropdown on the top right-hand side of the editor (for admins and managers, edit mode is not available to members).
Using the suggest mode, you are able to redline in three different ways:
- Suggest replacement: highlight the text that you want to suggest a replacement for and enter your replacement.
- Suggest removal: delete the text you want to suggest to be removed.
- Suggest addition: add the text that you want to suggest to add.
Both admins and managers are able to accept and deny suggestions.
Example 1: viewers are unable to suggest changes to both project and template documents since they cannot open them in the editor.
Example 2: members are able to suggest changes to project documents but not template documents, since they cannot open them in the editor.