Learn more about the naming convention and a way of automating variable parts of your document's subjects
Including references in the naming of your template titles enables you to easily distinguish generated projects and documents without needing to manually rename them.
You're able to use references in the titles of
- template documents, and
- template appendices
Depending on your workflow or internal naming convention rules, the template's name can include different information.
- Example: the subject of the template can have a reference to the counterparty's name, and the template document can contain both the counterparty's name and the start or end date.
Although the references can be added in different ways, we strongly suggest having consistent logic and form in all the templates in your organization. Well-planned is half done, right?
- Example: adjusting all templates to have the name of the counterparty followed by the contract’s end date.
First of all, in order for references to be auto-populated to a property (=an actual name of a counterparty), they must exist in the template (e.g. in a pre-set template question).
- To edit the name of the template, click the pencil icon.
- To edit the name of the template document, click on the three dots menu next to the document --> Rename.
- To edit the name of the template appendix, click on the three dots menu next to the appendix --> Rename. You can use [references_in_titles] both in
- PDF appendices, and
- Editable appendices
References are added by writing them into [square_brackets].
There are two types of references that can be used:
- Template-related references
- System references
The most commonly used references in the names are the ones created in a specific template. As already mentioned, in order for the reference to be converted into the right date or a name once the contract is generated, they must exist in the template. You can find the exact reference name by clicking on Edit next to the question related to that particular reference.
Besides the references specifically created in a particular template, there is another type of reference - system references - that can be used at all times.
P.S: Make sure to write them with CAPITAL LETTERS.
Is there any limit to the title length?
The titles can contain up to 255 characters. If the title is longer than the limit, you won't be able to generate a document, and will get an error message instead.