- Inviting and setting up your team
- User roles
- Creating automated templates
- Generating contracts from automated templates
- Collaborating on and negotiating contracts and templates
- Using e-signatures
- Using Precisely’s AI-assisted contract registration
- Using Precisely’s contract archive
- Monitoring, reminders, and alerts
Precisely makes it easy to collaborate on contracts and templates with your team. By opening a document in the Precisely editor, you can collaborate using the suggest mode.
Collaborating using the suggest mode
To collaborate by redlining a project or template document, simply:
- Click Draft & sign or Templates in the top menu depending on which item you want to redline and click the draft or template,
- Open the document in the editor by clicking the Edit button on the right-hand side of the document,
- If not already selected, switch to suggest mode using the mode selection dropdown on the top right-hand side of the editor.
Using the suggest mode, you are able to redline in three different ways:
- Suggest replacement: highlight the text that you want to suggest a replacement for and enter your replacement.
- Suggest removal: delete the text you want to suggest to be removed.
- Suggest addition: add the text that you want to suggest to add.
Both admins and managers are able to accept and deny suggestions.
Example 1: viewers are unable to suggest changes to both project and template documents since they cannot open them in the editor.
Example 2: members are able to suggest changes to project documents but not template documents, since they cannot open them in the editor.
You can also use comments to collaborate. To add comments to a project or template document, simplyYou can also use comments to collaborate. To add comments to a project or template document, simply
- Click Draft & sign or Templates in the top menu depending on which item you want to collaborate on and click the project or template,
- Open the document in the editor by clicking the Edit button (or View button, for members) on the right-hand side of the document,
- Highlight a part of the document and click the Add comment button,
- Add your comment and click the blue Save button.
Once a comment has been added, clicking the highlighted text allows you to edit, resolve or delete the comment. To reply to a comment, simply click the highlighted text to bring up the comment and add your reply.
Anyone on your team that has access to the document can comment on it and delete their own comments. However, only admins are allowed to delete other user’s comments.
Example 1: Viewers are not able to collaborate since they do not have any editing permissions.
Example 2: Members are not able to collaborate on template documents since they cannot access templates.
You can negotiate a contract by sending it for review, allowing external users to comment on it as well as upload their own suggested version. To send a contract for review, simply
- Click Draft & sign in the top menu and click the project that contains a document which should be sent for review,
- Click Review, enter the reviewer’s information and click Send invitation,
- The reviewer(s) will receive an invitation to review and comment on the draft via email.
The invited reviewers access the review view through their email invitation, while you click the blue Review button in the draft’s overview.
Pro tip: You can make comments internal by activating Make comment internal in the review view. Internal comments are characterized by their yellow color and are only visible to users in your organization with access to the project.
Note: only contracts created through Precisely can be sent for review. Sending a contract for review is available to Professional and Enterprise plans. If you’re on a Starter plan and would like to upgrade to a plan that includes sending for review, please visit your organization’s billing page or contact Precisely.
PS. You can collaborate both internally and externally using versioning. Learn more about Precisely’s contract versioning here.